Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 69 – 8th July 2015 Wednesday – Nha Trang

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 9 July 2015 | Views [395]

Kevin decided to walk this morning to give his body a rest so he was up and off at 5.15. I also decided to go for a walk so I left 10 mins after Kevin and headed off north towards the bridge. Again I am surprised at the number of people exercising and swimming on the foreshore. After 30 mins I met Kevin who had walked to the bridge and watched a team of Vietnamese Volleyball players warm up and then turned back. We both continued back and for me it was a 6.4km walk that took 1 hour. I headed to Louisiane BrewHouse while Kevin went downstairs for breakfast. I got talking with Michael a older chap from Wales who sits with Brian the Scot and Marinella the French lady who exercises in her bikini and puts on the floor show. He has lived here for 2 years and originally stayed at Carpe DM before buying an apartment near Big C where Brian has as well. He bought it at construction stage as a shell and outfitted the 3 bedrooms himself. Total cost to finish USD$50k which is very reasonable. Brian on the other hand bought a completed apartment. Kevin asked him if he knew David Lowe who we met last time we were in Nha Trang and who Kevin used to play Grade Cricket against. Yes Michael knew him and said he is still involved in the Sunday Hash House Harriers, the walking group. We will go on the walk this Sunday to try and catch up with David and to see part of the countryside around Nha Trang. I asked Brian and Michael if there was a chiropractor in NT and they said it would be best to go to the hospital and see the Chiro there. He would take X-Rays before treating you and the cost would be around VND $1m which I could claim on insurance. The other alternative is to have a strong massage from Dieu Nguyen at 18/16 Tran Quang Kai St  who Brian uses and all the guys at the gym. We headed back at lunch time and Kevin then decided to go back to MaxiMark to change the shorts he bought and also the water bottle that didn't have a stopper. He also wanted to check out the various bars to see which one he wanted to watch the Ashes at. I went to the masseuse but she told me to come back at 5pm. Kevin had decided to try Cheers bar so he headed off when I went for my massage. Well they were rift about the masseuse, I am sure she learnt how to torture in a previous life. It was very strong and at times I let out a swear word or three. Thank god it only went for 30 min as I couldn't have taken much more. She said my shoulders had lots of knots. Don't I know that now after she has worked at them. Bloody Hell. Kevin sent a text to say Cheers bar was full of old smoking ex pats and he was going to Booze Cruise. I met him there later and it was so full as not only was the cricket on but the NRL State of Origin. We left and headed to The Lil Shack, a Mexican corner street food place. I ordered the chicken burrito and Kevin a cheese burger with fries. It was very tasty and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We then wondered to Cheers bar so I could have a look and then back to the Booze Cruise where I  left Kevin and headed home to bed. Kevin finally ended up at The Watering Hole to watch the rest of the day's play. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.