Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 71 – 10th July 2015 Friday – Nha Trang

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 11 July 2015 | Views [350]

Kevin was up and off at 5.30 and today he rode to the intersection with Highway 1, the main road between Hanoi and HCMC. He took a photo as proof. I decided to go for a walk to the bridge to the north of town and started off at 6.15. When I got to the beach there was a wedding couple having photos taken so I stopped and took a photo. I continued on and came across a picture / painting display and so I wondered around looking at these for a while. I then continued on the way. Again lots of people clogging up the footpaths with motorbikes. You end up walking on the road to have a smooth path. On the way back from the bridge I stopped to watch the beach volleyball competition and to grab some bananas. I also decided to have a Bahn Mi, a street food sandwich for breakfast. It cost VND$20k and I took it back to the room to eat. I had only just started eating when Kevin came back from his ride. He rode 40km and took just over 2 hours 10min riding time. I headed off to LBH while Kevin had breakfast. There was even more construction going on around the pool due to the Sea Festival and they closed the pool. Not too many people around today as it is cooler and there is a breeze off the sea. It is still 34c and 69% humidity. After lunch I rode to the bank to change some money and then on to MaxiMark. Kevin rode to Calm Waters a Bay to the north about 3km of the bridge. He also discovered a new bakery for his sweet fix. After a shower Kevin was off to watch the cricket at the Booze Cruise Sports Bar. I watched a movie and then met Kevin for dinner at 7pm. We went to a street food place and I had Pho Bo soup and Kevin had Chicken, noodles and vegetables. Kevin even said it was the best meal he has had in Vietnam!! We then walked around the block and I left Kevin at the Booze Cruise bar and went back to the hotel. Kevin moved to the Cheers Bar and watched the match until 11pm. He met an English chap who was backpacking with his 3 children through Asia on a 3 month trip. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.