Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 54 – 23rd June 2015 Tuesday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 24 June 2015 | Views [297]

I'm up and walking my normal route  by 6am. After breakfast I had a lesson with Dram and we have now progressed to the 2nd Grammar Book. Andrew had sent a text earlier to see if I wanted a morning massage but I told him I wasn't available until 2.30pm so he arranged for Van Anh’s friend to be available. After the English lesson we headed to Hidden Beach turn off on the Highway to meet Monika and Jean-Ann and Vinh. Kevin got there before me on his bike and I really had no idea where I was going until I heard these voices calling out to me. Vinh’s home is 7 months old and he has built a house on land given to him by his brother in law. It is a nice basic Vietnamese home. Mama was there looking after little Supper (6 mths old). Le his wife was helping in the kitchen. We sat outside while Vinh cooked and prepared lunch. Well the meal was amazing. We all thoroughly enjoyed the banana flower salad, the fried and fresh spring rolls, tofu with tomato, the Cua Lao and of course Larue Beer. It was lovely time with friends. We all headed off at 1pm and I took the ladies to the Pizza making place with the sliding garage doors. Monika is intrigued by them and is keen to try their pizza. Kevin went to the beach and I left the girls to get petrol and then headed back to the Homestay. The new masseuse turned up without her oil and so she had to go home to get it. The massage was good but at times too soft or too hard. Kevin came home late afternoon and said that Soul Kitchen had been busy with a birthday party. Lazed around and had a shake for tea after such a big lunch. Kevin went out at 8ish to the Kem shop for ice cream. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.