Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 50 – 19th June 2015 Friday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 20 June 2015 | Views [247]

Off for my walk through Cam Thanh, Red Bridge along the river and through the rice fields. It is a little overcast today so it is cooler. When I got back I decided to wash my sneakers as they are very dusty and dirty. At breakfast we were again talking with Tim And Rachel and they have decided to stay an extra day. Tim is having a suit made and he also wants to buy some pictures to sent home by post. I took them to Betel and Dong / Vang will be able to help as they are an agent for the Post Office. Vang took me over to the lady who has some scales for weighing rice and I climbed on to see how much weight I have put on – well I have just eaten a big breakfast so 3kg not bad. Also I am drinking more alcohol – beer than I would at home. Yes I am making excuses I know. Kevin came past Betel on his bike so I took him to be weighed as well. He is the same weight as when we left home but his body shape is changing so he must be adding muscle. Kevin went off to the beach and I got to drawing my girl and boy for my body parts lesson. Not a bad effort I thought. I then went into town to change some money and to go to the shop where Kevin got his bathers to buy some scarves. I had told the lady previously that I would come back to her as long as she gave me a good price. I didn't even argue as she only charged VND $70k for one. I bought six. I also bought a Kipling bag for VND $130k. I also stopped at another silver shop and bought a pair of stud earrings for VND$420k. He did start at $510k. I lazed around watching some movies until Kevin came back from the beach at 3pm. I headed off for my lesson with Ms Le. Kevin meanwhile went and changed some money and went to the candy shop at the market. He is now addicted to coconut candies and crackers. He rode past me after my lesson with Ms Le and I noticed his back tyre was a little flat. Kevin tried to pumping up but wasn't happening so he took it to the bike mechanic on the main road. They used a compressor and got the valve to sit properly. We met Monika and Jean-Ann at Minh Hien Vegetarian 50 Tran Cao Van Street for an early dinner. We let Monika order for the table and we had spring rolls, eggplant, pumpkin, tofu, noodles, boc choy, broccoli dishes to share. The food was delicious but just a little too much chilli for my liking but definitely a meal to remember. Kevin went as far as to say it was the best he has had in Vietnam! We made arrangements for Jean-ann to help me reach tomorrow and for another morning bike ride on Monday. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.