Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 42 – 11th June 2015 Thursday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 12 June 2015 | Views [313]

I went walking into the Market area and past the Japanese Bridge, down to the second bridge to An Hoi Island  looking for Nu Eatery Restaurant where we are going for dinner. I finally found it just over the Japanese Bridge. When I got back I rang Mum and Dad and the refrigerator repair man spent all day working on the repair and also on the 12v system of the 4WD / caravan that had corroded. The weather in Yeppoon has been windy and overcast so Dad hasn't been fishing much as yet. Kevin went riding to AnBang down past  LaBellany Hotel and then back through Tra Que to look at the house with the green roof. A round trip of 17km which took him just over an hour. After breakfast I took Dram, the owners daughter for a lesson on pronunciation. She wasn't too bad. Will look at grammar next lesson. Kevin rode to the beach. Time 18min 34sec. It is taking a little longer as he is parking the bike at Soul Kitchen which is safer than where he was leaving it previously. We don't want it stolen yet! I went to the beach after my lesson at about 10am. We ordered a mini burger and fries for lunch to share. As the Internet wasn't working I headed back early. I went down past Baby Mustard Restaurant to look at the house with the green roof. I rode a little way past and had slowed just looking around when I got into the sand on the side of the track and lost the scooter. It fell on me and my left foot got pinned under the bike. I had to drag it out to get free. F…ck it hurt! I had scraped my elbow, knee and side of my foot. I righted the bike and rode back to the Homestay. I had a shower to clean up my wounds and then applied Benedictine, took some pain meds. I would live. Kevin came home and had an afternoon siesta like the Vietnamese do. We headed out at 5pm and rode the scooter along the River to the bridge where we left it and walked down to the Japanese Bridge to meet Monika and Jean-ann. Turns out Monika was not well and so Jean-Ann was on her own. We then met Lisa and headed to Nu Eatery.  We asked to be seated upstairs at the outside long bench. It was surreal looking out over the old rooftops. We order 1 serving of the Steamed Buns (Banh Bao Kep – pork belly, pickled cucumber and spicy mayonnaise) to share while the ladies ordered one serving each and said we would want one serving each after tasting them. Well they were right, we ordered another serving while we ate our chilled tomato soup for me and cauliflower soup for Kevin. Kevin shared a serve of cheesecake with Lisa for desert. Well the food was the best we have tasted and we will certainly be coming back to Nu Eatery. The cost was VND $235k or just under A$15. Apparently the chef has trained in USA and it was obvious as the portion sizes were small and dainty. When we left we had made tentative plans to go on a bike ride with Monika and Jean-Ann as they often ride through the out laying areas through the rice paddies and also to the various Islands across the River. Kevin decided he still had room for Kem so we went and had a double serving of ice cream each on the way home. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.