Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 41 – 10th June 2015 Wednesday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 11 June 2015 | Views [354]

Went walking Cam Thanh down the second path and back along the first path. Only 45 min. Poached eggs by Cuc today were the best ever. I gave Cuc the metal scoop I bought for her at Metro. Kevin headed off to An Bang on his new bike (22 min) while I went into town to change some money and to get a North Face bag for my iPad. I also got one for Kevin. The girl started at VND $400k for one but I managed to get both for VND $300k. She then tried to sell me a laptop bag and came right down to VND $200.  I walked away. I then bought a floppy hat VND $100k and a silk dress VND $160k. I was happy to get out of town and down to the beach. Monika and Jean-Ann were there and I chatted about there trip to Phong Nha Cave and the farm stay they did. Only cost US$400 for 3 nights including everything. Will look to do this next year. Lisa came down late morning and we arranged to catch up with all the ladies on Thursday night for dinner at Nu Restaurant. I headed back early as the wi-fi was not working very well and I needed to plan for my teaching lesson. Kevin came home around 2ish and I went off to my lesson with Ms Le and Hai. Kevin came over and was talking with Tuan and got a free beer from Ms Le. We went to Bale Wheel for dinner and it was a fixed menu with grilled pork, spring rolls, pickled veggies, fresh salad, savoury pancake, dipping sauce and desert for VND $85k each. We started eating the spring rolls but the girl serving us, Dung (Youm) said we were doing it wrong and she showed us how to firstly take the rice paper, salad, veggies, pork off the skewer and then the spring roll all wrapped together. Dip in the dipping sauce no eat. Nice and messy but very tasty. As usually there was way too much food so when they bought the savoury pancake we could only eat one of these each. Again you took the rice paper, opened the pancake, topped with salad, veggies and spring roll before dipping in the sauce. It was a very filling meal and at the end we were offered chocolate or mango sweet in a cup. We got talking with a guy next to us who is a jeweller from Melbourne who lives here six months. He bought a block of land in 2010 for only A$20k at Tran Que herb village and only recently finished the house. He suggested we go and have a look at it. It is the only house with a green roof along the Baby Mustard Road. When we got home Karen had messaged me with the news from “The Mount”. Kevin stayed up watching a movie on You-tube. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.