Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 39 – 8th June 2015 Monday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 10 June 2015 | Views [257]

Kevin still feeling a little off. We think it may be that he is dehydrated and not drinking enough water when he comes back from the beach. I went walking along Ly Thuong Kiet St and saw an accident where 2 scooters collided at an intersection at traffic lights. You have to remember traffic lights don't mean you have to stop. There was a mother with her young son of 3 or 4 who didn't have a helmet on one and an older man on the other. People were helping the woman and child and next thing the man left. I headed down to Le Loi St and to the market and came back along the River. We had breakfast and then both went on the scooter to the beach. We headed back and Kevin watched the footy while I went off to teach Ms Le and Hai. After the lesson I went into town to the bather shop I saw on Hai Ba Trung St. While I was there it started raining so I sought shelter in the shop. I then went down Ly Thuong Kiet St to the liquor store. I bought a bottle of Banrock red for VND $320k which is obscene but I am hanging out for a glass of red and I can't stomach the local Dalat Red. I then went saw a bicycle shop so I called in for a look. The guy didn't speak English so I left. Then to the fishing shop where I looked at a Shimano reel and it cost nearly as much as home. I left that shop pretty quickly. I got home and it was after 6pm. We went down Cua Dai St for dinner to the Restaurant we had seen lots of people in last night. We ordered pizza and it was delivered from off site about 30 min later. We chatted to a couple of French girls who were cycling around Asia for 8 months and it was very interesting. Kevin is now really keen to buy a bike. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.