Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 40 – 9th June 2015 Tuesday - Day trip to Danang

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 10 June 2015 | Views [373]

Off to Danang today so didn't go for a walk as we wanted to leave early. Well that didn't happen and we set off just before 9am. It is 30km to Danang. Firstly we stopped at Marble Mountain and bought tickets for the elevator and cave system. I had never been before but Kevin had. We wondered around and looked at only one cave and a pagoda. The view from the top was majestic looking up and down the coast line. We were lucky it was a clear day and we could see all the way to An Bang and the construction going on just North of our spot at the beach. We left here and had to endure the hassling from a lady where we had parked the scooter to buy something from here shop. The carvings were quite detailed and exquisite but weighed a tonne. Would blow our weight allowance easily. We managed to get away without buying anything and I gave her VND $20k for parking. We then headed along the coast road of Danang until we turned left to come over the River at one of the bridges. I had managed to get the right road as we wanted to get to 42 Dang Thai Mai St and DNG Bikes. I had seen their website and they had bikes listed at good prices. Not sure if they are real or just knock-offs but it's not going to matter. No one spoke English. Kevin looked at about 10 bikes, sat on a few and after much pushing finally made a decision to buy a white and blue Giant XT277. We then had to decide on the additional requirements, bell, repair kit, reflectors, handle bar extender, light, carry bag etc. while we were there another guy came in and selected the other Giant bike that wears there. He spoke Vietnamese and so was able to ask more questions and I ended up piggybacking off him. His name was Austin and he lives just around the corner from us and is the friend of Andrews that went to Hanoi with him. What a small world. Andrew had given him the website details that I had sent to Andrew. Kevin was all set and paid his VND $3.5M or A$210 and started back on the 30km trip back to HoiAn. I went to the fishing shops I had seen last time I was in Danang with Vang but didn't see anything I wanted. I then went to Metro, the big department / supermarket store and wondered around and bought A$55 worth of goods including a bottle of Baileys. I rang Kevin as I was leaving at 3.15 to see if he had made it back in one peace. He had just got back and said the trip took 1 hour 50 min. He was exhausted but happy. I rode back and got home around 4pm. Andrew called past as we were putting a different key lock on the bike and he was duly impressed. We told him we had met Austin at the store. We went to Vang and Duc's for dinner and had mango salad, rice, beef and vegetable and an omelette. Vang also had some small fish cooked up for her and Duc. Was a nice meal. We headed home early as we were both exhausted after our day in Danang. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.