Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 38 – 7th June 2015 Sunday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 8 June 2015 | Views [291]

Kevin was up during the night with the trots. I got up and went walking Red Bridge Cam Thanh way and took a road to the right down past the River and then back  down the third track just before Red Bridge. Was a pleasant walk. Kevin still not well and the Internet still not working. I went and told Cuc who got onto Dung. We both gave breakfast a miss other than coffee and had a shake. Dram has her summer school timetable and I had a quick look to see when I could fit in some teaching. Dung had given me such a hard time the other night at dinner about teaching everyone English and I'm starting to feel guilty for not helping his family. Kevin decided not to come on the scooter to the beach as it would be a long day so he was going to take it easy on the bike. Took a leisurely 25 min and he was exhausted and quite pale when I arrived. Perhaps he should have stayed home today. Kevin decided to head back early as he was still feeling shithouse. I got talking with a younger couple who we have seen many times over the years. Mitchell and Deborah are from Sydney and they have lived here for 3 months in Cam Thanh and are looking at moving to An Bang. He works as a web designer and she teaching English and also for a French export import company. They gave me a great tip about buying a used scooter – look on Craigslist. I ordered lunch and then headed to café for teaching. We decided to do “Who is your best friend?, What do you like bout them?, What do you like to do with them?” Lesson went well and we had them draw pictures of them and their friend doing what they like to do together. We put all the words and activities on the board and there were some good ones. I stayed and listened to two of the girls read, Vih and Tuyut. For the second lesson we got the kids to think of 10 questions to ask each of Louis, Rima and myself. Again it went well. When I got back Kevin was laying on the bed and wasn't much interested in food. We went down Cua Dai Rd to Pho Leu Restaurant where we had gone early in our stay. Kevin ordered pumpkin soup and I the chicken and corn soup. Both were very filling. We washed it down with Saigon Green Beer. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.