Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 37 – 6th June 2015 Saturday –HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 7 June 2015 | Views [347]

I was up and out walking by 6am As I felt better today. I went into the market and across the bridge to Cam Island. I walked down past Dong's house and then back to the Homestay. When I got back I discovered I have lost one of my white gold loop earrings. Bugga might have to lodge an insurance claim. We fixed up the bill for dinner VND $200k and a new crate of Larue Beer VND $175k and our room bill US$460 for the next 4 weeks. I had arranged with Andrew for his masseuse to give me a massage this morning so I stayed home while Kevin went to the beach. It took him 15min 25sec. His record. He had to stop and retrieve his sunglasses case that flew out of his bag and basket. Van Anh (Vivian) was a lovely girl who came a little earlier as it was her sons 7th Birthday today. She was excellent and the price of VND $150k was good. When she had finished I asked her if she can do next week. She told me to check with Andrew as her work timetable at the Spa changes. I got changed and headed to the beach. Vang sent a message cancelling dinner as Duc’s Grandmother passed away and they were going back to the village. They aren't sure for how long as when someone dies you can only bury them on a “lucky day”. We had lunch at the beach and I headed off teaching at 2pm while Kevin headed back to watch the footy. Dung had pulled out of going to the Sports Bar with Kevin and Kevin was just going to watch on his tablet. As Teacher Tan was away for the week it meant Lisa and I together with 14yo Thien and 12 yo Vi were in charge of the 2 classes today. The lesson was supposed to be titled “My best friend” but Lisa had a brainstorm to get the younger kids to draw posters / signs for Tan that say they miss her, come back soon and welcome back. The lesson went exceptionally well and we took photos and a video and posted them on Facebook so that Tan could see them. After the first lesson I headed back along the beach to Soul Kitchen and had a swim and a quick rinse off in the shower before going back. For the second lesson where the kids are a little bigger and the fact there were 34 kids we got each kid to do n A4 size poster for display on window shutters of Grandmas café. Again it went well and we picked 8 of the better drawings for display. When I got back to the Homestay Kevin was stressing over the football. Port were playing Melbourne and it was close. Kevin also said he wasn't feeling well. The internet went down at three quarter time and the family had gone to the beach. There was nothing we could do and Kevin wasn't happy. Luckily Port were in front at this stage. Kevin didn't eat dinner and I had a shake. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.