Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 43 – 12th June 2015 Friday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 14 June 2015 | Views [330]

I wasn't able to go walking as I didn't want to put a sock or shoe on my foot until the wound heals a little. Andrew called in while we were having breakfast and he talked Kevin into getting thinner tyres on the bike as this means less traction and that you can go faster. Kevin was now on a mission and headed to the market to get thinner tyres. Andrew had provided me with the address of the local dentist and I was keen to have a clean as I was due to have one just prior to leaving Australia but I cancelled. I found the dentist Nha Khoa Hoan My 132 Nguyen Truong To St and went in to enquire about cost an an appointment. Well they could do it now, it took 20 minutes and cost VND $50k or about A$3. What a bargain. I got a price list and the best crown is only A$190. Something to think about. I am due to go to the dentist again later in the year. At the beach today the water is crystal clear again, like it was about 3 weeks ago. There is only a slight breeze NE. Kevin arrived at the beach with new tyres, out of pocket VND $300 or $18. He is a little happier but now thinks he should have gone thinner again. I don't think he will be happy until he gets a $10k racing bike. You never know he may get the riding bug like Andrew. Kevin did ask Andrew this morning about leaving the bike with him but Andrew is not sure whether he will stay or go back to Australia and then come back as a tourist. We will have to leave in with Vang and Duc. Late morning Monika and Jean-Ann-Ann turned up at Soul Kitchen. Chatted with them for a while and arranged to go bike riding in the morning across at Cam Kim Island with them at 6.30am. Headed back to Homestay for lunch and then I got a message to say that Ms Le was busy and we were not going to have a lesson. Kevin headed off to the Sports Bar in town to watch Poet v Geelong and I came into town a little later and met him. We watched until half time and then went for a walk around the streets because the game wasn't going too well and Kevin was stressed. Kevin decided to stop at a Restaurant around the corner from the Sports Bar and ordered a pizza for tea. I went back to the Bar to watch more of the footy. Kevin came in part way through the last quarter and then said he was going home. We had made arrangements to meet Huynh and her husband, the Homestay family for coffee as it was Huynh 27th birthday. We went to the same coffee shop that we went with Dong and Dung had bought a birthday cake as had Huynh husband. We had a coffee and a slice of cake and then everyone went back to he Homestay for drinks. I was exhausted by now so I headed off to bed. Kevin stayed with the intention of only having one drink but ended up staying til midnight and 5 beers later came to bed. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.