Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 27 – 27th May 2015 Wednesday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 28 May 2015 | Views [342]

Was up early reading my kindle and suddenly I got a message my battery was low. I put the kindle on the charge and left a little earlier for my walk. I took the Nikon camera to take some photos around the streets. I went to the small park area where the ladies do Tia Chi and they were just finishing. The food stalls move in and people start having their breakfast. Young children are having a type of porridge and are being fed by their parents. Got some good shots here. Went up past the local market and back down Cua Dai Road to the school. Today is graduation day and there was an assembly with all the kids, singing, performing and receiving awards. I took some photos here as well. When I got back I found that Kevin had decided to go walking for the first time in over a week. He went to the central market and down to the second bridge to An Hoi Island and around and back. He was stretching when I got back and he said that the bike riding had stuffed up his walking ability! At breakfast I asked if they knew how to do poached eggs and got blank looks. I offered to show Cuc and Huynh how to make them so out to the kitchen I go and soon have the water boiling and the eggs in. I enjoyed having an egg that wasn't rock hard like all the other types of eggs are. After breakfast we went to the beach on the scooter as Kevin didn't want to ride the bike today. It is hot and 36C at 9am with no breeze. The weather app says it feels like 45C and we would agree. There is supposed to be a southwesterly coming in later in the morning. Bring it on I say. We headed back at 1.15 and had some lunch and then I read for a while before going off to teach Ms Le and Hai. Kevin had settled in to listen to the AFL sports news. We decided that we were going to have pizza tonight so we had asked Mr Dung where he got the pizza that he had at his ancestors day for Meahgan. He said he would show us as it was at Cua Dia. Dung and his son were off for a swim so we followed them to the beach and he pulls up outside a shop front that had tin sliding doors. Turns out this was the local pizza shop. They make pizza for all the restaurants in the area and deliver. So by coming here direct we had cut out the middle man. A menu was produced and we ordered. We were told it would be 20 minutes so we went a few doors down to a restaurant and ordered happy hour beers. The lady was very friendly and offered ice. She wanted us to look at the menu for another time. I went back down to the pizza place and collected our boxes wrapped in plastic bag and came back to Kevin. We picked up our glasses and left the restaurant and went and sat on the steps of a closed shop next door to eat our pizza. It was yummy. We were part way through when the lady form the restaurant came and said we could sit at her tables to eat our meal. We thanked her and moved back inside. We watched the guys drive off with pizzas to be delivered to other restaurants. Very amusing. We again stopped at the Kem shop for icecream on the way home. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.