Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 25 – 25th May 2015 Monday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 26 May 2015 | Views [333]

Walked out toward Red Bridge and took the first sign to Cua Dai Beach and walked back via the market on the way to the beach. It was only a 45min walk but saw some good countryside. I  passed the Kem / Ice cream shop that Kevin has been looking for on Cua Dai Road. After breakfast we headed to the beach, Kevin’s time 16 min 3 sec. His best ever and he doesn't believe he will be able to get it any lower but it is a big improvement on his first attempt.  We decided to sit inside with a fan  as again there was no breeze today. It is 37C again. We saw a couple that had been at Ganesh Indian the previous night and I went and chatted with them for a while. Paul and Theresa are from Mt Hotham where they own a restaurant. Kevin ordered fries for lunch and I headed back to the Homestay. I needed to complete my preparation for the afternoons lesson with Ms Le. I had borrowed Hai’s notebook and had looked for ideas. Kevin got back at about 3.15 and gave me his iPod to load some more Beatles songs onto. He was getting sick of the same songs and wanted an upgrade. I needed to do this at Betel as my computer is not handling the heat at all and keeps shutting down. I would take it to a local repair shop, only it is just 2 months old and so still under warranty. Ms Le wanted to discuss how a receptionist answers a call for a room booking at hotel. Lesson went well and Hai had to leave to attend a wedding. Kevin had come across and he was having a beer talking with Tuan. We went to Vang’s for dinner and Duc had some workmates there and they were sitting outside drinking and eating fried fish. Tri had caught the fish yesterday in the river. Vang was cooking fried chicken for us. We also had spring rolls which were delicious. Vang raised the topic of us staying with them next year and I was polite in saying No! We want our own space and were perhaps interested in renting a house with lots of room. On the way home we stopped at the ice cream shop and Kevin had a double with vanilla and strawberry while I had a single scoop of passion fruit. It was yummy. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.