Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 24 – 24th May 2015 Sunday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 25 May 2015 | Views [311]

I walked past the market and the Japanese Bridge down to the second bridge across to An Hoi Island and then back across the first bridge and back along the river. After breakfast Kevin headed off to the beach (time 16 min 35 sec) while I went to the dressmaker to pick up my two new sun dresses. She had also made a pair of shorts with the off cut. They were a little small but I am sure they will fit someone at home. I then went to the Apple repair shop that Hai told me about to get the speaker on my iPhone fixed. Turns out it needed a new speaker and this cost VND $200k just under A$12. Glad I got it fixed here and not Australia. I then decided to have a massage so I went back down near The Trails Hotel to Binh Khang Spa where I had got a price one night last week. One hour massage for VND$200k or just under A$12. Asked to have a strong massage and it wasn't too bad but just not like the one at home that I have with Paul Z. I then headed back to Homestay and read my book until lunch time. After lunch I headed to An Bang for teaching while Kevin set up to watch Port Power play Richmond. It wasn't a good result for Kevin so he was a little shitty. He went off to see if his new sun glasses were ready. He came back and said they weren't quite right and that they were going to try again. It will be another 5 days. We decided to go to Ganesh for Indian tonight. We took the scooter as it is quite a way. The meal was again superb and so tasty. We both had butter chicken, rice and garlic naan. Of course we had Larue Beer chasers. Cost a bit more than we would normally pay for a meal at VND$315k just overA$18. We met a father and daughter who were from Canada. The daughter has been in Tiawan for a month doing a Chinese medicine internship. Chatted with them about a range of topics and recommended Pho Xau for authentic Vietnamese food. On the way home I dropped Kevin at the mini mart as he wanted an icecream. He walked back from here. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.