Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 23 – 23rd May 2015 Saturday - HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 24 May 2015 | Views [261]

Decide on a sleep in this morning. At breakfast we met a new guest, Megan who was from New York and she works at Goldman Sacs. She was looking for a tailor and I suggested our tailor from last trip, Phoung and so after breakfast I took her to Phoung’s shop. Phoung recognised me immediately and called me by name even though it is 2 years since I have seen her. She has a second shop just around the corner and she took us there. Megan will come back after a morning bicycle tour. I dropped Meegan off at Home stay and picked Kevin up to go for our coffee date with Dong. Dong turned up with his sister Phoung and then his mother, wife Qui and baby daughter Ruby came a little latter. Dong has been looking at floor tiles for his new house and he must order today so that he can get delivery today. We chatted about his house and he says he is looking at renting out the room upstairs to guests who want to stay 2-3 months. He cannot rent short term as he does not have a Homestay licence but as long as tourist has 3 month visa he can rent by the month. When we got back to the Homestay I said to Kevin that the room was too small and that I would only rent if you got the downstairs living area as well. Something to think about. Kevin started to watch the AFL games while I did some washing. After lunch I head to An Bang to teach the children. Today they were painting signs for displaying around the village. The signs say “Let's keep An Bang clean”. I met Lisa who lives in An Bang and works in Singapore. She started the teaching with Tan back in 2012 and whenever she is living local she helps out. After the first lesson I went for a swim and then wondered up to Seashell Restaurant to see Kimmie about the house she has locally. Got the details and said I would communicate with her via email. I headed back to the school and was chatting with Lisa again and it turns out she is renting the local house from Kimmie. She just loves it. The second class finished early so I was back at Homestay by 5pm. Kevin had been into town to the market and bought some Lychees – he got ripped off though on the price. At 6.30 we all gathered for the family dinner. There was so much food that Cuc had prepared. The beer was warm but we had ice in our Vegemite glasses. Megan is a vegetarian and so Dung ordered in a pizza for her and we all had a piece and it was Devine. Will certainly be having one of these again. Duc was able to come as the trip to Hue was cancelled. Little Wing ate so much chicken he had bones overflowing  his rice bowl. It was a great night and much Yo! Was a happening. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.