Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 20 – 20th May 2015 Wednesday – Day trip to DaNang

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 21 May 2015 | Views [280]

Up and out walking at 6am to the market. Kevin again stayed in bed and didn't venture out. After breakfast Huynh took us to the local tailor to get firstly, Kevin's short sleeve shirt made and then to a second tailor to get my sun dresses made. Only costing VND$80k to have made or $4.50. Kevin went off to the beach at 10.30 and it took 17min 8sec which is now his record time and I met Vang at 11 am to head to Danang. Decided to look for some more material for sun dresses and also for shirts for Kevin. Stopped at an Apple Store to look at MacBook. Saw some fishing gear in the market but couldn't get there attention to discuss or examine at length. May have to come back another day and look again. We then went to Metro Cash & Carry and I was in heaven wondering the many aisles. Vang got a wading swimming pool for Wing and some beach towels for Ms Le. I just bought lots of bits and pieces including food, cheese, coffee, tea. You know, all the essentials. We left Danang at 3.30 and it took 35 min to get back to HoiAn. Vang rarely goes to Danang because it is too far, it's only 25 km. I was all set to head off for teaching at Betel but Vang rang to sayMs Le was too busy and wanted to cancel. Ok with me because I am exhausted and looking forward to a Green Saigon. Kevin has just got back from the beach and he decides to call his brother Steven to chat and catch up. We headed out for dinner at 7pm and walked into town and to Pho Xau Restaurant. We ordered spring rolls to start – fresh for me and fried for Kevin. They were both yummy and this would have done me but we wanted to try something else. I ordered My Quang which is part soup, part salad, it's rich with chicken broth and rice noodles and  freshened up with crunchy vegetables. It was Devine, about the best dish I have ever had. Kevin decides on more spring rolls. All up for 2 courses and Green Saigon beers it cost VND$150k or A$8.70. We both said that we will be eating here more often as the food was delicious. We stopped at the closest Mini Mart for an icecream on the way back. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.