Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 18 – 18th May 2015 Monday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 19 May 2015 | Views [238]

Headed off for a walk at 5.45am and was walking down by the River when I remembered I was to ring mum again at 6am. I quickly turned around and it was 6.15 when I called her. Chatted for 20 min and then went out again to the local market. On the way I bought another note book and some limes for my G&T. I stepped in a drain full of shit@&” and the girls in the market laughed at me. When I got back to home stay I got Cuc to wash them off for me. At breakfast Kevin had mango pancake and I had an omelette which were both new additions to the menu. Left earlier to get a spot at An Bang Beach. Deborah was again here and she came over shortly after Kevin arrived and we chatted for quite a while. Kevin asked who what name she wrote under – AD Scott. She was very interesting to talk with and a local icon having lived here for 17 years. I headed back to town at 1.30pm and Kevin stayed and had fries for lunch at the beach. I have been looking on eBay for an Apple Mac Pro and may have a look in the market to see if any second hand machines available. Sent email again to Isa Customer Service re broken blender. They will replace it in Australia. Will need to use blender at Homestay and again in Nha Trang. Had a lesson with Ms Le, Hai and Ngan in the afternoon. I asked them about jobs so I got to find out a little about each of them. Kevin came back from the beach and Vein called in to see him and chatted about his new job at Cinnamon Cruises where he works as a bar tender. He is earning US$150 pm. Kevin came over to Betel and chatted with Dong. I used their computer to update some books on his Kindle on iPad. Back at the Homestay Mr Dung asked us to attend his grandfathers ancestor day tomorrow. This is where all the relatives and friends celebrate his grandfather who has been dead for 65 years. We said we would be honoured to attend. We headed off to Vang’s for dinner and took 4 beers with us. We had rice, chicken and vegetable soup. Kevin not real keen on the chicken as there as no distinctive breast as it was all on the bone. Vang offered to come to Danang with me to look for a blender and to go to Metro Cash & Carry on Wednesday. We made arrangements to go at 11 am when she finishes work and then I will need to be back for teaching Ms Le at 5pm. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.