Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 17 - 17th May 2015 Sunday - HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 18 May 2015 | Views [313]

I went walking into town along the River and went across to Cam Nam Island to have a look at Dong’s house and then I wondered the back streets of HoiAn looking for the Banh Xi Queen. Breakfast menu had a few more items this morning and Kevin ordered banana pancake. When we got to AnBang Beach all the good sun beds were taken so we had to grab the corner one. The lady I had seen several days ago was there so I went over to chat with her. She is 70+ and has lived in HoiAn for 17 years. Her name is Deborah and she is from the Scottish Highlands  and is an author. She was on a deadline so we only chatted a few minutes. She lives near Red Bridge and rents a small home on the River. We didn't stay long because there was no breeze and so headed back at lunch time. I decided not to go to school today but take a break. After lunch Kevin set up to watch the footy, Port v Brisbane and I went with Huynh to the fabric shops. At the first the lady was asleep on the floor so we went to another one further down the street. I found some nice colourful fabric for a summer sun dress and also some material for a short sleeve shirt for Kevin. The shop owner jacked the prices up when he saw me despite Huynh doing the negotiating. We then went looking for a new blender as ours has disintegrated and is not working. We couldn't find any small bullet blenders so I will need to go to Danang this week to look. While in the market we bought some street food – Banh bot loc which is a dumpling with pork or bean with dried onion and fish sauce. When we got back Port had lost the footy and Kevin was not happy. Very disappointed. We tried the snack and I thought it was delicious and Kevin even tried some and says it wasn't bad. How's that for trying new things. I rang mum on viber to chat about Isa and she has now lost 11.1 kg and 100.5cm. Woohoo! They have had a lot of trouble on day 1 of their winter trip with lots going wrong in the caravan. Will need to get it fixed when they get to Yeppoon. We had ordered dinner at the Homestay and so we headed to Restaurant at 7pm. We had spring rolls and a noodle dish with vegetables and chicken. Both were very nice and filling. I had an early night while Kevin decided to go for walking into town to get a fruit juice but the stall wasn't in the spot Kevin thought so he came back along the River. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.