Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 15 – 15th May 2015 Friday - HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 16 May 2015 | Views [332]

Headed down toward the River this morning and as I came around the corner I met a guy Gary Hagan from Sydney Australia also walking. I walked along with him and chatted. He is now living in HoiAn and has just signed a 6 month lease on a house out toward Cua Dai in the rice paddies. He is paying US $350 pm which is really cheap. He says you can get houses for US$500-600 but his thinking is that he prefers to be in a countryside village among the rice paddies than in town itself and that the $ difference goes a long way towards food and utilities. He has been in HoiAn 7 weeks and staying at a Homestay while he looked for a house. When I told Kevin he was just about ready to pack his bags and stay here. After breakfast, I tried the Pho today and it was yummy, we headed to the Beach. It only took Kevin 18 min 22 seconds today, but who is counting other than Kevin. Kevin stayed at the beach all day until 4pm. I headed back at lunch time via Cua Dai as I wanted o get a new bather top. I got one for VND $90k or A$5.30. After lunch I had another English lesson with Ms Le, Ngan and Hai (Ms Le son who is 23 yo). Hai cannot speak as well as the others and he is quite difficult to understand. I will have to work on his pronunciation more than the others. Kevin dropped in and spent some time talking with Tuan. Vang sent us a SMS and suggested we stop at helmet shop on the way to her house for dinner as Kevin wanted to get a different helmet for the scooter as the one he was using is a full face and doesn't quite fit right. After we had a few drinks we headed to the shop to try on the helmets. We found one but when Kevin went to get his wallet from his day pack it wasn't there. We assumed he had left it at the Homestay. Back on the scooter and just down the road Kevin yells stop, I believe I had my wallet in the shop. He ran back and sure enough after yelling for someone to come out from the back the lady comes out with his wallet. Kevin was a very lucky man to get it back with all his money still in it. We continued on to Vang’s for dinner. Duc and Tri were working so it was just us and Wing. Wing has a chest cold and is taking medication for a cough. We had a beef dish, pork dish and vegetable dish with rice. Was a simple but filling meal. Finished it off with fresh pineapple and Larue Beer of course. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.