Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 13 – 13th May 2015 – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 14 May 2015 | Views [353]

I decided to walk to Cua Dai Beach this morning while Kevin was having a lazy morning staying in bed. The road was busy so it was a little difficult avoiding the traffic. On the way back I heard this voice call out to me and it was Hien and her 4yo daughter Bo. Hien used to work at Betel but is now at East West Villas working reception. I chatted briefly and told her we would call down to see her this afternoon. After breakfast we again came to An Bang Beach. Kevin on the bike and me on the scooter. We went for a walk down the beach and we headed inland as I wanted to show Kevin the school / café. We passed the purple house that Robin was building and Robin was actually sitting outside his leased house next door. I called out to him and we went in for a chat. Talked at length about where he was from in NZ and how he ended up in Vietnam and building a house. We went to the school next and then back to our gazebo at Soul Kitchen. Kevin ordered lunch and I headed back to HoiAn for lunch. In  the afternoon Duc came to put a new tyre on the scooter so he took it away. We rode the bikes to East West Villas and had a nice visit with Hien. She invited us for a meal with her husband Hoan at their house where they live with Hoan parents.  We told her we would love to catch up again. We had a look at the rooms and as the Villas are less than 1 year old we were impressed as they are bright and very well designed. As we were leaving we met the owner briefly. When we got back I got the computer up and running and decided to delete Calibre and the library and reinstall the program. It took quite a while as the Internet connection was dodgy this avo. We headed out for dinner to what had been a favourite in the past Dao Tien River Restaurant. The menu had changed and we settled on burgers and a beer each. Total cost VND$340k or A$20. We then wondered through the streets near the market and Lei Loi St. There wasn't a lot of tourists around and I now believe it when told it is the low season. Can't believe this as the weather is possibly the best before the humidity builds up in June and July. We stopped at a street food stall for a sweet drink. It had beans, jello, coconut milk and other healthy stuff. Was a little bland but you just knew it was good for you. As we walked back to the scooter at 7.30 the shops were all closing down which is unusual. I uploaded the final details for my Isabody Challenge That finished today. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.