Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 11 – 11th May 2015 – Hoi An

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 12 May 2015 | Views [342] | Comments [1]

Up walking again early. I headed off to find Cho Tan An Market that we went to the year we did Neville’s Food Tour. I eventually found it and from here I wondered back down to the market area and back to Betel. Had a quick word with Vang re her trip to the countryside the previous day. She invited us for dinner again and I said I would check with Kevin. As it happened he came walking past so was able to check with him. Told her not tonight and so arranged for Tuesday after teaching. Also spoke with her re teaching Ms Le and her son Hai English. After breakfast we handed in some laundry and then headed to the beach. Decided to stay for lunch and so ordered ham and cheese baguette for Kevin and Pork for me. Was yummy with a Larue Beer. When we got back I decided to cut my hair even shorter as I was finding it very sticky. Cuc and Huynh sat and watched as Kevin clippers the back of my hair. Huynh soon took over to do the top. I hadn't bought a small enough clipper and so got nothing off the top. Kevin went into town to buy a singlet for walking. Kevin asked me to speak with Vang and tell her no seafood so I went over and spoke with her. It was all ok and she would do pork,chicken or beef. Yes I said any of those is ok. Kevin discovered that he had lost his Fitbit somewhere in the room but we haven't been able to find it yet. Asked Cuc to keep an eye out when she cleans tomorrow. Kevin sat outside with Dung having a beer and discussing the building Dung is going to undertake in the next few days. He is looking to add 2 rooms and a bathroom upstairs for his family. Expects it to finish in 2 weeks. I came out and gave Cuc a G&T but she didn't like it. Dung plans to build another 2 guest rooms where the courtyard is. It will be a pity as it is nice and private to our room. He expects it to cost US$30k. After a shake for tea Vang called to say she has the new scooter and did we want to see it.  She bought it around and we all admired the new machine. She called the owner of rental scooter and he came and collected it. I paid him VND$240k for the 3 days hire. I went with Vang and Wing back to her house to drop her off and to drive the scooter back to Homestay. Wing cried when he saw I was going to take the scooter away. Poor little soul. I told him I would bring it back tomorrow. Duc was not back from Danang yet as he had to go up with Tri to bring Vang’s scooter back as she had ridden up and bought the new one back. I bought the scooter back and noticed it had no mirrors and the odometer doesn't work. What do you expect for VND$9m. I paid Vang US$270 or A$350. 

Comments

1

Ta Daaa... Hi Guys, looks like you are having a great time...The beaches look fantastic...Bl....y cold here.. Just spent the weekend in Roxby. Little Taylas 2nd birthday... certainly a lot warmer up there...
Look forward to your future blogs...Take care xxx

  Sue & Rob May 12, 2015 12:52 PM

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.