Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 10 - 10th May 2015 - Mothers Day and Shauni's Birthday

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 10 May 2015 | Views [370]

We got up and early and headed out separately for a walk. I headed to town via Cua Dia Road and Kevin went along the River. When I got back I rang mum for Mothers Day and had a chat for 10 minutes. She has now lost 11 kg and is feeling great about herself. Woohoo go girl! She is all set for their caravan trip to Yeppoon. Today is also Shauni Cunningham’s birthday and we wish her a very happy birthday and safe travels to USA. After breakfast Kevin headed to An Bang Beach on the push bike via Cua Dai Road while I took longer and rode the scooter inland.  Kevin had already arrived and got a good spot for us. There was a lively breeze coming off the ocean and I am sitting here now updating the blog thinking this is heaven. I went for a walk along the beach toward Danang but found the going hard as the water was washing up against the cutaway banks that has been caused by erosion. I walked to the end of the fishing round boats and the newly developed Homestay umbrellas. When I got back we went for a swim and then just chilled til lunch time. Kevin headed off on his push bike on the inland Road. I came back along the coast Road. It is 1 km shorter going the inland way – 6km. When we got back the hot water service in the bathroom was leaking water everywhere and so Dung had to come and do a repair. Kevin was trying to set up his iPad for the live streaming of the Port Adelaide game but wasn't having much luck. I had to leave as I was going to attend my first volunteer teaching class at An Ban Beach with Ms Tahn as the teacher. The class had only just started when I arrived and David and Jan, the poms from Betel were already there with 2 other English speakers. At the end of the class the kids approached us to listen to them reading. The class finished at 3pm and the next wasn't due to start until 4pm so I wondered to the beach to catch some breeze. Headed back and sat with some kids and asked them questions. Their English is surprisingly very good for 11,12 and 13 yo. Ms Hanh asked me to do the presenting for the second class so I got to be at the front giving directions. Something I am good at hey! Again at the conclusion of the class we listened to the kids reading. It was now 5pm and I headed back to town on the inland Road and there were many locals heading to the beach coming the other way. I stopped at the mini mart to get some supplies.  Kevin wasn't home when I got there as he hadn't been able to get a very good internet and he had gone to Three Dragons Sports Bar at half time. Unfortunately of the 10 patrons only one other was a Port supporter. Kevin was devastated in the result when he got home. We headed to Betel Garden for the family dinner and sat with David and Jan, the poms. Dong was the only staff and there was 14 guests. We started with spring rolls, crumbed pork and calamari, caramelised pork with rice and vegetables, and finished with fruit. The Larue Beer flowed all night but soon got warm when it was left out of the esky. At about 9pm we decided to call it a night. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.