Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 138 - 9th September 2014 Tin Horse Highway

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 11 September 2014 | Views [346]

Day 138 9th September 2014 Tuesday. All ok when I got up this morning. The storm and rain has gone and the sun was actually shining. Lazed around until mum came and we went for a walk down the street to look around. Went to the visitor centre and got information on the self-drive Tin Horse Tourist Route. We headed out on the Corrigan Road to the Macrocorpa Wild Flower walk which is a 1.2 km walk. Mum and I headed off while dad stayed to tidy up the 4WD. We finally found wild orchids and mum was over the moon. We found 2 different types and took many photos. From here we continued on the West Kulin Tin Horse drive and took a photo of each horse. The famous collection of clever community art provides an entertaining drive. We got back to Kulin for lunch and I started mixing the ingredients for sausage rolls which we will have for tea. I rang CIL insurance to lodge a claim for dad’s window. Once this was finished we headed along the Tin Horse Highway to the east and again were entertained by the creative nature of some people. We detoured to Jilakin Rock which is a mini Wave Rock made of granite and overlooks Jilakin Lake and the Kulin Race Track. We all started the walk to climb the rock but mum only went a little way before she got dizzy and had to stop. Dad and I continued to the top. The views were spectacular back across the rural wheatbelt. We got back about 3.30 and dad filled up with fuel and went to the bank. I finished the sausage rolls and helped mum load her photos on the computer and updated the blog.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.