Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 129 - 31st August 2014 Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 2 September 2014 | Views [331]

Day 129 31st August 2014 Sunday. Did another load of washing and found that the machine is still leaking during the rinse cycle. Mopped up again. Dad discovered a leak in his caravans roof and so he was up on top of the Land cruiser using silicate to try and stop the leak. We decided to head down south to Cape Leeuwin today so we took the road  down to Whitecliffe and then headed for the coast. Called in at Redgate Beach where there was people fishing off the rocks, casting out past the reef to clear spots. We then headed down Caves Road through the Karri Trees which appear in patches in the National Park. The trees are tall and straight and easily identified. We stopped at the Boranup Maze which is a hedge maze. We went into Hamelin Bay to the boat launch and were impressed by the beach and boat ramp area. The boat ramp had sea weed all on the end and it would be very difficult to launch anything until it was cleared. We then went on to Augusta and then out to Cape Leeuwin the most south westerly point in WA and the Old Waterwheel. From here to the Lighthouse itself. Mum and I paid for the audio tour and dad stayed in the car as he didn’t want to do all the walking that was necessary. The lighthouse was built in 1895 and is the tallest lighthouse in mainland Australia. At the base of the lighthouse is where the Indian and Southern Oceans meet. On the way back we stopped at the Augusta bakery for lunch before coming back through Karridale and Witchcliffe to Watershed Winery which is the winery where Aaron is getting married in March 2015. Had a wonder around and it is a flash and impressive setup. I tried a couple of their wines and was impressed with the Shiraz as it is the best I have had in the region. We  came back into MR and went to MR Tourist Park on Station Road and the lady (Mary) was very accommodating and let us look at the cabins and cottages. We decided to book as they were very suitable. Dropped into hardware store for dad to get some nuts and bolts and then back to the park. My washing wasn’t quite dry and I put it out on the clothes line in the sun for a n hour to finish off. Set up the weber for a Roast Beef tonight. Chatted with a couple (Ron and Chris) from Denmark WA who arrived today in a Disco 4 and have been travelling Australia since mid April. Worked out that the fabric softener shoot was blocked and this is why the washing machine was leaking.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.