Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 128 - 30th August 2014 Tastings around Margaret River

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 31 August 2014 | Views [384]

Day 128 30th August 2014 Saturday. Up and all ready to leave Busselton at 8.30. We headed down the Bussell Highway to Margaret River and then onto our stop at Big Valley Campground which is a working sheep farm just outside the town. Nice big are allocated to vans. Views very pictures of the valleys and trees. After setting up we headed into town to the local farm produce market. This occurs every Saturday and you can buy lots of local produce direct. You even can sample before buying. Bought some Dukkah and avocados. Mindful that they have to be eaten before we cross the border. We then continued back up the road toward Busselton to the Margaret River Dairy Coy, the MR Silk Road outlet, MR Chocolate Coy where mum and dad could not help themselves but went back for thirds. They came out with big handfuls and wanted to save this one for watching the footy later today. We then went to MR Providore which showcased olive oils, jams, wines and other condiments with tasting available. From her it was onto MR Nougat Co where they make Bettaney Nougat which again we could taste. Was delicious but at $15 a bar we didn’t buy any. We came back to Cowaramup which is known as Cow Town as the centre of the dairy industry. They have made cow statues that are placed around town. They are so real with veins sticking out and hoofs that look so real. We came back to MR where we went to look at accommodation options for Aarons wedding. Went to Riverview CP and got a price. Got back to van in time to set up for the footy at 3pm. Disappointing that Port lost to Freo and so is now sitting 5th. Due to the fact I have snacked for the past 2 days on junk food I decided to have soup for tea and the vanilla slice I bought at the market for tea. Did a load of washing and found the machine leaked during the rinse cycle. Mopped up and then hung it out before going to bed.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.