Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 125 - 27th August 2014 To Busselton

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 28 August 2014 | Views [288]

Day 125 27th August 2014 Wednesday.  Well I received two phone calls before 8am so that put the damper on sleeping in. Decided to pack and move to Busselton which is only 30km the other side of Bunbury. Decided not to call in at Bunbury as it is the 2nd largest city in WA and mum keeps saying dad isn’t good at cities. Arrived at Kookaburra Caravan Park at 10.30am and the manager Greg assisted us onto our sites. We are at the front of the park and the sea is across the road and open spaced about 50m away. Once we were set up we went to the visitor centre which is near the jetty. The jetty extends 1.8km across Geographe Bay and is the longest timber Jetty in the Southern Hemisphere. There is a train that you can catch out to the end and back. There is a cost of $3 just to walk on the jetty and we decided not to do this today as the weather looked daunting. We went to the Interpretive Centre which is at the start of the jetty and looked at the museum and history of the jetty. At the visitor centre we picked up lots of brochures about what to see and do. We headed back for lunch and then were off to the Ludlow Tuart Forests. The trees are said to be 300-400 years old and are very tall and are the only natural stand of tuart left in the world. At the base of the trees are masses of white arum lilies. From here we went to The Old Cheddar Cheese Company and did another tasting and dad even bought some this time. We drove along the beach road for a way and then into town for some retail therapy. Mum got some hush puppies and I got another pair of crocs to replace the ones that had melted in front of the heater. Later I set up mum’s new camera and transferred her photos for her. Updated the blog.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.