Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 124 - 26th August 2014 To Brunswick Junction

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 28 August 2014 | Views [376]

Day 124 26th August 2014 Tuesday. Left Perth at 8.15am and headed down the coast road to Rockingham and then headed inland to the Kwinana Freeway which we took until we turned off to Pinjarra. Once we turned we were virtually in rural country and it was very green and wet. We travelled down the South Western Highway passing through Waroona, Yarloop and to Harvey. Stopped at the Information Centre but was unable to get the vans in as there was power works being done and the road was blocked with cones. Harvey is the home of May Gibbs the creator of Snugglepot & Cuddlepie and there is a replica of her 1880’s cottage. As we couldn’t park the vans I had to reverse out back onto the main road and so we got the shits and left without having a look. Continued on to Brunswick Junction and pulled into the caravan park just after 11am. Well it took our breath away. It was very run down with no one was around. We rang the number on the door and Rachel said she would be there at noon but told us where too set up.  We had an early luch and as planning on heading out when Rachel showed up and we paid - $30 a night, what a joke. We set off to explore the Geographe wine region. On the way to Collie we travelled along the top of the Darling Scarp which had lovely views of the surrounding jarrah forest, hills and farmland. We stopped at Wellington Dam before heading to Collie. Then to Donnybrook which is well known for its apple and stone fruit orchards and olive groves. We stopped at a farm gate and bought apples and pears. Went into the visitor centre but there was nothing else we wanted to see. Continued onto Boyanup and Dardaup before turning into the Ferguson Valley. We were looking for Gnomesville but did not see it as we called into a local winery /cheese producer but they were closed. Continued on through the valley and headed back through Brunswick to Harvey and to HarVe cheese for a tasting. I bought a small piece. Got back to the vans close to 5pm exhausted.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.