Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 120 - 22nd August 2014 Perth and Kings Park

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 23 August 2014 | Views [412]

Day 120 22nd August 2014 Friday. Up early as we are heading into Perth to meet with Alan Hewitt, the guy who works for Sovereign / Rushton. We caught the bus from the caravan park to the train station and then as the Freemantle station is closed due to the freak storm this past weekend we had to get a transfer bus to North Freemantle and then catch the train to West City. Was all very easy in the end. Alan met us at the station and drove us to Kings Park and Botanic Gardens . These are amazing, large and beautiful. We walked up through the gardens to the coffee shop and had a coffee and meeting til 12 noon and then Alan left and we grabbed some hot chips and wo dered around the gardens for another hour or so. Went along the Federation Walkway where you walked amongst the treetops. Caught the bus back into Perth City and were struck by how busy and big it was. We caught a Blue Cat Bus to get an impression of the city but only went half way before we decided to get off as it was too crowded and you couldn’t see anything. Kevin had wanted to go to the WACA but even gave up on this. We found where Kevin could catch the shuttle bus to the airport and then caught the train back to Freo. We got back to the park at 3.45. Aaron had called and we were to meet him at 5.15 for an early tea at a local pizza place. When we arrived at Jades parents place we found Jade sick as. She had been to the doctor and would not be coming with us. We headed off and when we got to the pizza place found it full and very noisy. We climbed back in the car and back into Freo to a local pub. Kevin watched the footy, Port playing Carlton while we had tea.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.