Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 107 - 9th August 2014 Fishing at Chinamans Beach

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 19 August 2014 | Views [399]

Day 107 9th August 2014 Saturday. Mum and I went across the road to the pelican feeding which happens every day. A group of 3 turned up for feeding with about 30 spectators. Was interesting to hear the history of the feedings and about the birds. Dad and I then went for a reconnaissance to see where we were going to go fishing. Went down to Red Bluff and dad agreed that it was too rough to fish off the rocks and too dangerous. Bought some bait and decided that we would fish at Chinamans Beach in the bay for whiting. When we got back we set up our rigs and Kevin even said he would come. Was a nice warm day and so we didn’t mind that all we caught were very small bream and whiting which we had to throw back. Decided to move to Chinamans Rock on the corner where the sea meets the river. The waves were crashing onto the reef system and was ferocious. Cast in and again only small stuff. Managed to get 3 whiting that we kept.  Kevin walked back as he had had enough and mum also wondered off. Picked mum up on the way back and went and filleted the fish near Anchorage Caravan park.  I took the fish carcass to the rivers edge and fed the 5 pelicans that were there. Kevin was watching the footy and I made pasta for tea. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.