Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 105 - 7th August 2014 Monkey Mia

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 19 August 2014 | Views [360]

Day 105 7th August 2014 Thursday. Up early as we are off to Monkey Mia and the dolphin feeding. WE had already bought the pass for the National Park but still had to line up at the ranger station. Headed to the boardwalk with all the other early risers. There were about 80 people waiting to see the dolphins come in and be fed. We were not disappointed. At about 8.00am 3 dolphins slowly came into the shore. It was amazing how close they come to the rangers and that they will stop in front of them to stop them walking further along. The day was very calm and the water flat and still. The weather was just right. After the feeding we wondered around the various display areas and shops. Sat in some lounge chairs in the resort and read my book for a while. Went for a walk along the beach and around the caravan park, resort and boat ramp facilities. It was a perfect morning just lazing about. We had lunch at the resort and then headed back to town. After lunch Kevin headed off walking while mum and dad and I went to the bowls club for a look. They were playing drawn pop sticks to see who played with whom. They were just finishing the first game when we arrived and a chap asked if we wanted to have a quick roll up while they had their break to say we had played on the most Western Bowling Green in Australia. Of course we did. A lady came up and started chatting and she was a motor mouth and couldn’t shut up. I wondered away and looked through the club. When we got back I started the weber for the butterflied lamb we were having for tea. Julie and Ian came over and I downloaded more books for her and told Ian how to do this himself. Mum and dad joined us for tea and it was a really nice rosemary / mint lamb. Kevin again said it was the best meal he has had on this trip. Mum was offended as he had told her the roast pork was the best meal. Mum will learn! Played cards for the first time in Denham.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.