Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 106 - 8th August 2014 To Kalbarri

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 19 August 2014 | Views [329]

Day 106 8th August 2014 Friday. Ready and off by 8.00am as today is a longer drive than we have had for some time. We stopped for fuel and morning tea at 10.15am at a Roadhouse and then on to Kalbarri. I was an interesting drive as the wild flowers are starting to show and at times there were colourful patches along the roadside. The scenery also is different in that we came from scrub around a corner to find paddocks of crops and green on the horizon. Once we turned off the main highway to Kalbarri the scenery was back to scrub land. Got to Kalbarri around 1pm and set up at Murchison Caravan Park on drive through sites. Fantastic, large and spacious. The amenities are individual ensuites and sparkling clean. Dad had a lay down in avo while mum, Kevin and I went to explore. Kalbarri is a picturesque seaside town located on the mouth of the Murchison River, surrounded by a National Park. It offers magnificent coastal scenery and we saw this from Red Bluff lookouts. The soaring cliff faces overlook sandy beaches and then to the north is the harsh Zuytdorp Cliffs where there have been many shipwrecks over time. Dropped Kevin back at van and then went grocery shopping. Set up satellite dish for Kevin so he can watch the footy tomorrow.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.