Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 100 - 2nd August 2014 Market Day

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 6 August 2014 | Views [353]

Day 100 2nd August 2014 Saturday. Mum and I headed to the town market in the morning. Kevin went off walking and said he was going to walk into town and back. We then drove around looking at the Fascine, Carnarvons central waterway and some of the houses that line the waterways. Big MacMansions. Went to Woolies and then IGA on the way back. Got another stone frying pan, some good meat specials on butterflied lamb and mum got some Star thongs. Dad and I then went back to the Old Prawning Jetty but only lasted a little while as it was again blowing in our faces and it was difficult to get the line out. We went a little further down the beach but it was the same. We then went  around Dwyers Leap to a sheltered part of the river. It was calm and sheltered. No luck. Met Dave and Val from Mannum and chatted for a while about gold detecting and their Discovery 4. Headed  back for lunch. Kevin was watching the footy. Did a few jobs, booked accommodation at the next few places and updated the blog. Went down to Dave and Val’s to have a further chat about gold detecting. Was interesting and agreed to catch up with them when I return to Adelaide. Will also try and catch up over next 10 days and they will  demonstrate their Minelab 5000.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.