Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 95 - 28th July 2014 Fishing at Coral Bay

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 29 July 2014 | Views [381]

Day 95 28th July 2014 Monday. Kevin headed off for a walk and I got up and found that the bumper battery was screaming as it was down in charge to 10%. Hooked it up to the Anderson plug on van and ran the 4WD for a while. Dad decided that he needed to charge his car batteries and fridge so we headed off toward the boat ramp and went down a sandy track to the clifftops. We set up the generator and we plugged our fridges in. We left the vehicles running while we decided to trhow a line in of the rocky beaches. The fish were biting as soon as the line was in. We caught 6 different varieties and threw them back until I caught a 40cm blue barred parrotfish. It was a very colourful and pretty fish and we decided to keep it as the fillets were good sizes. Headed back just before lunch. I asked dad to show me the different knots for setting up my rod. After lunch dad, Kevin and I headed to Maud Landing, over the flood plane to an area where you are able to fish. There was a long sandy beach as far as you could see. Just to the left of us were some old palings from a jetty and dad threw his line near them and caught 5 golden trevally. Kevin and I were just a little further along and got nothing. So we all moved closer and I went on the other side of the pilings and caught a golden trevally with my first cast and then nothing after this. A chap set up next to me and was throwing out to the end of the pilings and he caught 10 large trevally within 45 min. Made the decision that tomorrow I am going to set up with a star sinker and a larger hook, use the bigger rod so I can cast as far as this guy was, I want a big fish. When we got back I set up 2 ends ready for tomorrow. Decided to use the camp kitchen to cook tea. Kevin won his first game of cards since Devils Marbles which was the middle of May and he was ecstatic.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.