Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 53 - 15th June 2014 Rest Day

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 16 June 2014 | Views [350]

Day 53 – 15th June 2014 Sunday. After breakie headed for a walk to Cable Beach. Tide was out and the junior surf club members were training on the beach. When we got back dad said mum wasn’t feeling well and had a headache and numbness on her face. She refused to go to the hospital and lay down. We headed into town to Macca’s to use their internet but were not able to connect so then over to Coles for dad to get some supplies. Kevin went to Sportspower and bought some more Nike socks. I might score even more pairs from him now. Sent some Vietnam blog info to Chris and Jamie. After lunch we headed to the beach to try some fishing. Dad got a tip to head 5km down to where there is a reef offshore. Unfortunately the tide was still going out and the sand was very soft. Thought we were going to get bogged a number of times. Threw our lines in but no bites. After a while we moved up the beach and tried for a while longer, but no bites. The wind was coming offshore and this might be why we didn’t get any. Rang Chris to see that she got all the info we sent and she was appreciative and says they will be booking to go from Darwin and that the info was great and very helpful. Dad cooked the salmon he had caught the day before for tea and it was lovely.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.