Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 46 - 8th June 2014 To Derby

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 12 June 2014 | Views [341]

Day 46 – 8th June 2014 Sunday. Left by 8.30am headed to Derby. We stopped along the way to look at an ancient 1500 year old boab tree. Was amazing as it was very large. Booked into Kimberley Entrance Caravan Park which is a nice big spacious park. Had a little difficulty getting onto site due to 2 big gums and a fire extinguisher. Tempers a little flared. In avo Kevin went off to explore on foot while mum and dad and I drove around town looking at the sites. Went down to the Derby Jetty which experiences some of the highest tides in the world. Tides in excess of 11 metres converge up King Sound and across the tidal mud flats. People were fishing, crabbing and generally having a good time. The tides were low and the mud flats very evident.  We ran into Kevin at the Jetty but he wanted to walk back. We went and explored further and found the Recreation Centre, Golf Club and Bowling Club. It is a magnificent setup ad very new. Was not able to access the bowling club due to high fences. Synthetic surface.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.