Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 41 - 3rd June 2014 Purnululu National Park - Southern Walks

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 3 June 2014 | Views [349]

Day 41 – 3rd June 2014 Tuesday. Kevin up early and off for an exploratory run. Breakfast consisted of a fully cooked breakfast and we both had eggs, bacon & tomato. Kevin said it was the best cooked breakfast he has had. Fridge not working as error light flashing and temperature down to 4. Couldn’t work out the problem but later in the day I expected it had to do with the volatage being too low from the thumper battery. Once we were on our way back at the end of todays walks the car must have charged the battery enough to get it going. Was a relief. Started our walk from Piccaninny car park. Did the Window first which is a 6 km return walk  along Piccaniny Creek bed to where there is a natural hole in the large sandstone dome structure. I am sick of river bed rocks and sand. We have both seen enough now! On the way back we went to Piccaniny Creek Lookout  which provides views across the creek as it winds south through spinifex hummocks towards the Ord River. On the way back from here we encounter a lot of people in tour groups. We then went toward Cathedral Gorge. Walked through banded sandstone  beehives, creek beds, pebbles and potholes, towering cliffs and honeycomb weathering rocks, seeing evidence of waterfalls that cascade down steep rock faces during the wet  and finally the track leads to an amphitheatre. Was impressive. Sat just taking in the ambiance for 45min. To complete the day we did the Domes walk which winds around sandstone domes that rise majestically from spinifex covered sand plains. Finally back at car. Drank plenty of water before heading toward visitor centre and toilet. Arrived back at caravan at 1.30pm and are both exhausted from lots of walking. The car is filthy dirty so Kevin gives it a wash. Another load of washing is done. Tyres are reinflated. We are booked in for the $25 meal deal which is a 2 course soup and main.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.