Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 20 - 13th May 2014 East MacDonnell Ranges

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [331]

Day 20 – 13th May 2014 Tuesday.  Certainly was a cold one so added the extra rug and was very cosy overnight and had a good sleep. Kevin went walking at 6.30 am while it was still dark. Bacon and eggs for breakie again which were nice. Left at 9.15 am for trip to East MacDonnell Ranges. Headed to Trephina Gorge first which is 81km from Alice. Kevin and I did the Rim Walk which was an easy climb. The gorge winds its way through the MacDonnell Ranges, cutting through the red quartzite, and creating a valley oasis with many trees and plants on the sandy bottom. At one stage Kevin headed off in front and was about 30 m away when I noticed he had missed the turn as indicated by the markers. He was heading off further along the cliff top when we actually had to head down to the gorge floor. Could have easily got lost. Mum and dad walked along the sandy bottom. From here we headed back to Corroboree Rock, Jessie Gap and Emily Gap. These sites were not as amazing as we have seen in the West but were interesting and were a backdrop for lunch. Arrived back at park just after  1.15pm and then  Mum and Dad and Kevin headed to town to do some of the chores we all have. I stayed back and uploaded photos, took washing in and then headed to the chiropractor. Did some more grocery shopping and got back around 5pm. Hooked caravan Anderson plug onto 4WD as having trouble with Thumper Battery not charging from car engine properly when travelling along. Sat around and watched the back neighbour fiddle in the rear of his 4WD. He is an old guy wearing braces (only hooked up one side), shorts up under his tits, down to his knees and was chubby.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.