Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 15 - 8th May 2014 - Yulara to Kings Canyon Resort

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 11 May 2014 | Views [326]

Day 15 – 8th May 2014 Thursday. Spoke with Dean who was next to us and he is travelling with wife and 3 kids for 3 months. He was next to mum and dad at Coober Pedy and we have seen him everywhere since. He too is travelling to Kings Canyon today.  All packed up and ready to leave at 7.45am. Stopped for morning cuppa at the turn off to Kings Canyon. Winds had picked up and were going to cause a problem. Arrived at Kings Canyon Resort at about noon and the Resort is on the edge of Watarraka National Park. Cost $45 a night. Park is very spacious except that our sites are next to the toilet block and were difficult to get into. Was able to drive through from rear site on mine but not looking forward to leaving. Dad was unable to put his awning up fully. Luckily we are among the trees and have shade from most directions. After lunch we went for a stroll to explore. There is a petrol station - $2.33 / litre, general store, café, bar and Outback BBQ entertainment area, tennis court and lots of camp kitchens. Again we have seen lots of people we have already met who are involved with Ulysses motorbikes. Gave dad a haircut. Late avo Kevin and I headed to Kings Canyon to do the short 2.6 km Kings Creek Walk. The canyon is totally different in structure to Uluru and Kata Tjuta and the walk was along the Kings Creek river bed, past red river gums and other vegetation and ended with a viewing platform of the vertical canyon walls. When we turned to come back we spotted some water off to the side and went to explore. It was 2 billabongs and it was very picture perfect. The water was ice cold which was refreshing considering it was 29 C. Made a pasta dish which we shared with mum and Dad. Went over to the Outback BBQ are to listen to Rod Dowsett, a song writer and singer perform for a brief period. No TV or phone service so to bed early as we are tackling the Kings Canyon Rim Walk tomorrow early.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.