Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 14 - 7th May 2014 Uluru again

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 11 May 2014 | Views [337]

Day 14 – 7th May 2014 Wednesday. Did a load of washing early as I need to do the towels this avo before we leave Ayres Rock tomorrow. Kevin headed off to climb the rock at 8.30am but he called on arriving at the Rock to say it was closed due to wind at the summit. Bugga Bugga. Kevin then decided to walk around on the Uluru Base Walk. I headed out to the Rock with mum and dad a little later. We did the Kantju Gorge walk which was really interesting as it was up close and personal with the Rock and we got to look in caves and nooks and crannies. Only took about an hour and when we return there was Kevin sitting on a bench waiting for us. He had tried to call on the mobile but who goes walking with their phone!!! Not me!!! Kevin’s walk took him just under 2 hours and the only photo he took on his phone was that of a snake that he came across on the path. Was a 20-30cm thing that when you look at the photo everyone called it a worm?  Kevin must learn to zoom with the phone camera. We headed back to the vans for lunch and a rest. Late avo Kevin got a haircut and then we headed to the square at Yulara to watch the aboriginal dancers. Did a bit of last minute shopping (Choc wedges were on special) and then headed out to see the sunset for the last time. Was a clear night and therefore better than the first time we went out. After tea I went and filled up with fuel at Shell. $2.212 but fortunately we had a 4c discount voucher from the IGA. What a rip off.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.