Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 10 - 3rd May 2014 -Coober Pedy to NT Border

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 4 May 2014 | Views [451]

Day 10 – 3rd May 2014 – Drizzle rain this morning. All packed and headed over to fill the water tanks. Cost 20c for 40 litres. Water goes everywhere while you are filling tanks. Headed off at 8.15am and the winds were still quite strong but now more Westerly. We stopped at Marla for fuel ($1.96) and had an early lunch there as well. A couple we ran into at Pimba and Coober Pedy, Brian and Carol also stopped and had lunch with us. We headed off and arrived at the NT / SA Border at 2.00pm and within 10 minutes 5 or 6 different groups pulled in after us. Thank God we were at the front of the line as we got decent drive through parking as we are planning to stay overnight here. Shortly after arriving we had set up chairs and all new arrivals grabbed their chairs and joined us. We ended up with 20 people in the group and 10 vans in the area. There were 2 girls from Germany who were in a Ford Station Wagon and they joined us. Kathy turned 21 today and Sissy was 19. We all signed a birthday card and sang happy birthday to her. She was very happy. A very diverse group with all sorts of set-ups ranging from a car to a 1980’s 12’ Pop top, to various length caravans, Expana Vans and Winibago and eventually a massive 30’ Custom Built MotorHome from New Zealand (Cost NZ$309k) It was a beauty. Tried to set up Foxtel for Kevin so he could watch the football but was unable to get the right signal. Kevin not happy. As dark came in it got colder and soon we all dispersed for tea. Yummy quiche I had made yesterday.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.