Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 9 - 2nd May 2014 Coober Pedy

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 4 May 2014 | Views [350]

Day 9 – 2nd May 2014 Lazy morning with a load of washing and then decided to bake a quiche for tea tomorrow night when we will be on the road. Drizzly weather and quite windy. Went to Toms Opal Mine for a look. Went down below ground into the shafts and it was quite interesting to see how opal is mined. Seems to be more mines offering tours rather than minimg opal. Dad got petrol at the BP as the Opal Mine gave us a 5c discount voucher each. I filled up yesterday at the Shell for 176.9 and Dad got his for 165.9. Not happy was I. In the afternoon Kevin decided to walk into town to have a look at a couple of shops. While he did this mum and I walked back to the icon (Port Power Truck) on the way into town and took a few more photos. We were nearly blown away. Kevin came back from shopping with a short sleeve shirt and 3 more pairs of black Nike socks. He tried them on and they are very snug. I might score some more pairs if I do the washing right!!!. Made butter chicken for tea for all of us.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.