Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 8 - 1st May 2014 Pimba to Coober Pedy

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 2 May 2014 | Views [396]

Day 8 – 1st May 2014 Got on the road by 7.45am and started the long hall to Coober Pedy. Stopped for morning cuppa and then Kevin took over the driving. A slight head wind developed and we started to feel the drag and we only just made it to Coober Pedy with 2litres of fuel left. Fuel economy not good on this leg as we only travelled 370km. Had lunch on outskirts of town at 12.30pm and made decision on where to stay. Booked into Stuart Range Caravan Park that this is a Big4. Nice open park with plenty of room. Set up and headed into town to explore at about 2pm. Well memories are coming back for all of us. It is not a big town and we managed to drive around, go to a mine and museum for a quick look, a look-out over the town  and then to the supermarket. By now Kevin is bored so dropped him and dad back at park where Kevin went for a walk to the oval and did some laps. Mum and I went back into town to explore some of the shops. Managed to buy a few items of long sleeved clothing as I did  not pack enough. By 3.30 it is quite cold and we all needed rugging up. They have had 165mm of rain in the past month and so a few of the good tourist attractions (The Breakaways, The Dingo Fence and the Moon Plains) are not open as roads are closed.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.