Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 11 - 4th May 2014 NT Border to Ayres Rock

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 6 May 2014 | Views [332]

Day 11 – 4th May 2014 Left NT Border at 7.30 am and filled up with fuel at Erldunda at the Shell for 210.0. What a rip off.  Stopped for morning cuppa at Kernot Range Rest Area which was a nice shady area for a free camp. The next free camp toward Curtain Springs was also a nice big shaded area. We turned a corner and I said to Kevin “There is the Rock”. We looked with awe for 30-40 km and then a sign said it was Mt Connor. Dah,  it didn’t even look the right shape did it!! The free stop at Mt Connor look-out was right on the road and not a good option. Arrived at Yulara Resort Campground at noon.  Booked for 4 nights and only had to pay for 3. Cost $42 pn. Couldn’t get sites next to each other so are about 7 vans in between. It was my first attempt at reversing into a site that required some up and back, up and back and even more up and back as I crept closer to the boundary. Finally happy and finished set-up. Decided to try for Foxtel again but was a failure as we couldn’t get any quality of signal. The box seems to be in power save mode. We then tried the Vast box to see if this was any different. No. A man came across who was also having trouble with his Vast set-up. In frustration after 45 minutes we packed it away and not 5 minutes later he came across and said he had his working. Go figure!! Kevin decided to go for a walk around the Yulara Resort complex and Mum and Dad and I drove around to the square to watch an aboriginal cultural dance. The MC was a white guy who weighed in at 130kg, he had the biggest belly, but he was a brother. At the photo opportunity one of the other lads said he was from Golden Grove….  Rested in avo and then cooked tea outside on induction cookers. Burgers and mash and veggies.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.