Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 29 - 12th July 2013 - Hoi An to HCMC

VIETNAM | Saturday, 13 July 2013 | Views [530]

It is a very sad day today as we leave Hoi An. Kevin's favorite place ever. We packed after breakie and then took some photos of the grounds and some with the staff. More staff kept appearing and wanting their photo taken. We arrived in HCMC and I firstly organised our boarding passes for tomorrow and in particular our seating on the plane. We then wondered out for that last minute shopping. Susie who we met in Hoi An had bought a handbag that was made from farmers recycled feed bags and I wanted to get one of these so we found the shop Blue Dragons at the top of Bui Vein St. Changed some money and the rate is now 19,650 which isn't too bad considering the $A has dropped during our stay to approx $0.92 from pariaty. Went to the pharmacist and picked up my anti-inflamitory drugs and a few others. We then wondered through a flash department store and ended up having a cold drink and a snack at BreadTalk. Kevin had a Smart Alecki which was a custard danish and I had a blueberry danish with custard. These cost $1 each so Kevin had two. We headed back to the hotel as it was very hot and humid with the heat of all the m/bikes and cars just too much. Kevin watched some Ashes Cricket and the football until we decided to go out for dinner. Firstly we went and looked at another local hotel - New York Thien Phuc Hotel in a hem off Bui Vein 175/14 Pham Ngu Lao St. Was a small hotel and unfortunately we couldnt look in the rooms but we did look at photos and were duly impressed. Large family room at the back of the hotel is only $25 a night while we are paying $47. We wondered back along this hem and saw another store with recycled bags. Well I had to buy another one and Kevin bought a T-Shirt. As we had snacked late avo we werent that hungry so as we wondered back along the street we decided to finally try the smoothies at Five Boy Number One and so we placed our orders - Mango and Passionfruit for me and Kevin had a Mango and Strawberry smoothie. Well we sat down and waited as they had a long que ahead of us. When the smoothie arrived it was to die for, it was so nice and we could not believe that we had waited until the last days to have one. We will be back tomorrow as this will be a nice lunch for us.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.