Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 28 - 11th July 2013 - Hoi An

VIETNAM | Friday, 12 July 2013 | Views [943]

After an early breakfast we headed off to Heaven & Earth Tours on An Hoi Island to do the Herb Village bicycle Tour that Ms Le (owner) paid for. They wanted us to do a tour to MySon but we have been there previously. We got there early and had to wait for the late comers. We cycled through the nearby countryside  and met families who make noodles according to the famous Cao Lau recipe that has been in the family for generations. We also saw the way spouts are grown and this was surprisingly interesting. We then went to the Tra Que Herb Village where we saw the farmers working their fields cultivating many varieties of aromatic herbs. On the way back we went to a small market and our guide pointed out the different herbs and foods. We rode a total of 10km which took us 2 ½ hours with stops. Was very hot so when we finished we headed straight for the beach and got there approx 11.30am and went straight in the water. It was so refreshing. We had lunch at the beach and headed back into town after 1.30pm as I had to pick up my glasses from the optometrist. All good. Our gift from Ms Le, tailored dress and shirt were delivered and we tried them on and they were good. Kevin had a long sleeve shirt made and it was very comfortable. My dress had a lovely pattern and I am sure will get lots of wearing. In the late avo we went with Ms Le and Mr Dong to the Reaching Out Teahouse for coffee and a chat. The tea house itself is a stunning building along with all of the gorgeous accessories used to serve your order. I ordered Jasmine tea and the others ordered the iced mocha served in the traditional Vietnamese coffee drip style plungers. You then add your own condensed milk to taste. Kevin was very heavy handed in this area. When we left the teahouse Ms Le asked if we would like to join her for dinner at the local Restaurant but we explained we were waiting on a call from an Aussie friend. When we reached the hotel Jenny had called and I rang her and we arranged to meet at Hoi An Resort Hotel on the beach. We met up and went to a local seafood restaurant which is a favorite of Jenny’s and Nigel’s. We sat and chatted a little history, a little career, who do we know and what do we do and found out that Nigel knew many of Kevin’s family having been associated with West Torrens and Yankallila. Small world.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.