Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 5 - 18th June 2013 - Nha Trang

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 19 June 2013 | Views [481]

I woke just before 5am and at 5 the military trumpet sounded to wake up the troops. Decided to go for an early morning walk so i left Kevin asleep in bed. Headed towards the monument and the Sherraton hotel and watched the sun come up and all the locals with their push bikes down by the waters edge having a swim. There was the usual aerobics and tai chi and badmington. When I got back Kevin then decided to go for his walk and he went down as far as you can go which is to the bridge, takes about 1 hr 10 min. We both saw and spoke with the guy from Greece who had moved to Aust in 1960 to Cooper Pedy where he mined for opal and struck a 12000 lb strike. Had breakie at hotel which was basic and consisted of juice, eggs, bagette and tea and coffee. Arranged to hire motorbike with Danny / Nam and this was ready after breakie. Also got Nam to buy more credit for phone - another $5 each. Today was beach day. Headed to Loisiana Brewhouse and secured lounge chairs by the pool for a cost of $2 each and a towel each for $1.50. We were set for the morning and went between the pool and the ocean. Decided to head back about 1pm so called into cafe for quick bite of spring rolls - fried for Kevin and fresh for me. Later in avo we took the m/bike to Nha Trang Centre a department shopping store for a look. Bought a battery charger for my camera for $15 and a few nibbles. Came back and feasted on salted peanutsand a couple of beers and southern comforts. Headed out for dinner and were not sure what we wanted and ended up at Texas BBQ & Steak and had enchilada and tacos. Go figure. Was a little spicy for my liking. Washed down with Red Saigon beers which aren't as good as the Green Saigons. Went back to motel and watched movie - Quartet. I fell asleep so missed it. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.