Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 4 - 17th June 2013 - HCMC to Nha Trang

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 18 June 2013 | Views [2403]

Today is moving day. Headed down to breakie and got talking with several couples where the wife was Vietnamese. One was from Sydney and his wife we found out later owned the hotel and was the big boss. Another lived in Dysart Qld and he last year he travelled around Aust for 9 months in a 24' BushTracker caravan so we had lots to ask him and Kevin even asked about free camping. Packed our bags and lounged around until time to leve at 11 am. Got to airport and the queue was the longest and we only had 1 hour til plane left. Check-in closes 30 min before flight time. Well I just couln't just stand in the line when it was 35 min before flight time so I spoke up and we were taken to front of line. Plane left 15 min late and flight good. Managed to doze. Hire car picked us up and took us 35 min to Nha Trang to Carpe DM Hotel. Room really spacious and only costs $22 a night. Went out to get another battery for media player. Didn't work so player must be stuffed. Stocked up at small mart on beer and water and soft drink. Called in at Jennies Apartments and she is pregnant. Appears some Irish man has had his way. Jennie and her mother are now building next door to apartments that they finished last year. Asked to look at room but fully occupied. Kevin headed out for a walk at dusk. Wnt to Da Fernando and Italian restuarant for tea. Came here last year and so we had pizza again and it was terrific. Best that Kevin has ever had!!! Go figure. Just after arriving it started to rain, then thunder, then lightening. The rain was so heavy and fast that the road was covered from side to side and was about 2 foot deep. It was starting to come into our restuarant and on the other side of the road they were all under water so had to close. We asked the management if they had a rear door as our motel is in alley behind restuarant so we were able to escape this way once the rain abated to a drizzle. Kevin didn't want to get his asics wet again so he took them off and we bustled along the 150m to our hotel. The water level in the alley was only to the top of my flip flops as the ground level is higher than the front street. Early night as I ended up with IBS and sat on the loo for a while.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.