Existing Member?

Italia da sola

Day 15: Magical Manarola

ITALY | Sunday, 22 September 2013 | Views [211]

Manarola

Manarola

On a train to Manarola. My throat hurts this morning, I hope I'm not getting sick. It's a long train ride but at least there is a lot to see out the train windows. The sea to the right, and to the left are all the rolling green hills with colorful buildings scattered among them. Liguria is beautiful. 

 
I made it to Manarola. It is unreal here. The steep cliffs with all the colored houses stacked on top of each other overlooking the blue, blue sea. The tiny church was my first stop, followed by gelato( pistachio, nocciola, fior di latte), and a stroll around town and down to marina piccola, where people were baking in the sun, swimming, and diving off the rocks. I walked up to punta Bonfiglio for amazing views of the town, and up to the tiny little cemetery, where you can see on to the next village. It's extremely hot today. I found a focaccia joint and had a tasty slice of pizza smothered In pesto. Now resting in a cool and shady little alley. 
 
I basically just walked around exploring tiny Manarola today. It is magical here. 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.