Existing Member?

Italia da sola

Day 5&6: Verona

ITALY | Friday, 13 September 2013 | Views [217]

View of Verona

View of Verona

I arrived in Verona yesterday. Trekked with my ridiculously heavy backpack from the train station to the apartment where I am staying. By the end of this trip I will either be super buff or have a broken body. Loredana, my Airbnb host, was very welcoming. Made me some coffee, showed me around, let me settle in and then go on my way. I spent the afternoon walking around Verona, vaguely remembering Piazza Bra and the Arena from the first time I came here. I visited 3 of the 4 main churches: Sant'Anastasia, The Duomo, and San Fermo. Freaking beautiful churches here in Verona! I returned to the apartment after walking around all afternoon and Loredana was not home and I could not figure out how to open the door. Luckily I had my Italian telefonino and was able to call her (I was turning the key the wrong way). Today my first stop was another amazing church, San Zeno. Then I walked along the river, found the old Teatro Romano, and limbed to Castel San Pietro for some incredible views of the city. I decided to check out Casa di Giulietta again because I adore all the love notes all over the walls, but the amount of people was overwhelming. Can't handle these crowds. Now, just resting. It's a long journey ahead and I'm not even a full week in.

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.