Existing Member?

I want to.....I will!! Yes I am learning Shaolin Kung Fu :P

Penang- to keep the story going^^

MALAYSIA | Sunday, 12 August 2012 | Views [553]

enang, my sweet chaotic place =)


Well caught the bus, but forgot to go to the bank before. So I was standing in Penang at the Bus Stop and could not even take a bus(My last ringits went for the one beer I had yesterday, I even had to borrow 1 xD )

So I tried to figure out where the exit of the busstation was, because it had a huge fence all around. Why in the world are people doing that?

Well so I asked this Indian woman with her daughter and they told me somebody would pick them up and they could drop me off. Yeah I know something bad could have happened, well but nothing did, they looked really nice and were very warm people. So I got asked tons of questions when the rest of their family came and they were quite surprised about me travelling alone and everything. Guess not something what normal girls do here. So I got dropped of at a huge mall and got first money and than went to the free shuttle bus they are having here.

I just had one problem, I didn´t know were to go to xD

So I just decided to ask someother foreigners, well and got lucky, the American new a really cheap place and fair enough I am paying 25 for a dorm room, am in the middle of the Little India and it is really nice and clean.

But ohh well the bed is horrible hart...that´s going to be a interesting night.

I than just had a stroll around and this guy followed me around for half an hour, he even went to the same park, like he was crossing my way again and again and always saying hi, and everytime I made a turn to another direction he did too, but I guess after I ignored him for half an hour he either went or lost me in the crowd-.- thank god xD


I than walked into the Chinese part and got myself a noddle soup for incredible 3.5 and a tea. And now it really tasted very good. Can´t complain so far.

Than I went into little India, and yeah I know that was just typical touristy, but since Bollywood I always wanted to have a Sari. So I strolled and I was successful. I got a redone, which is really nice, with the blouse and the skirt+ some bangles for just 20 Euro all together. I am quite happy with this deal, I know probably not best quality, but still it´s a little dream come true.

So now I have a kilt, a sari, cowboy boats and head, belly dancing scarf, and some other traditional clothes....soon I get the Kung Fu outfit, now I just have to figure out how I get my kimono :P

I love traditional clothing, like you maybe noticed ;)


So what else is there to tell, Penang is really run down, you don´t have sidewalks, so prepare to jump out of the way and it´s not the cleanest and kinda very dirty air, at least I got the feeling, but maybe it´s just because there is a big fire supposedly in Indonesia.

But all this chaos and dust and dirt makes it very interesting, so I can´t wait to see more tomorrow and everybody who thinks 1 day is enough...no way, not if you really want to see the highland, no you´ll need some more time, trust me.

But let´s see how much I can fit in tomorrow...



Ok second day Penang, and this is were I calculated wrong, I should have taken the nightbus and left at night from there, but no I forgot about it and had booked two nights in the hostel.

So because there was no other option I went out. I saw a Chinese Mansion, everybody who has the lonely planet book, knows which one I am talking about. The nice blue one on the cover for Malaysia.

The tour was quite funny and I learned a lot about traditions and architecture. I really enjoyed this.

Than I strolled down the street, got myself some food, chickenrice, what else could it be :P Well and what I thought was quite interesting, I got a soup with it. But not just a watery one, no it had liver, stomach and heart and also some veggies. It tasted kind of like the stuff my mother makes at home, a bit sour, I really enjoyed it.

After this I headed down to the bus station to get to a temple. If you are looking for temples Penang is the place to be, you have tons of them, Buddhist, Hindu, Mosques, Churches. Around every corner you will find one. I skipped the lying Buddha and went instead to the Kek Lok Si Temple, a huge, big thing on a hill.

No the funny thing was that on the way the bus had a tiny accident, a wheel just exploded. I thought that was pretty funny and I couldn´t think about one time this happened to me in Germany.

The way to the temple was lined with shops, no matter what you look for you´ll find it, but too much is too much.

I stayed some time at the temple and relaxed. You know it´s like nice and peaceful you just have to find the right corners.

I kinda felt a bit awkward because there were not as many tourists as usually, so I felt weird when people were starring at me.

But it was not to bad, really shocked they just were when I got a wish band and hung it up the well I just call it wishing tree.

I got the one that wishes for the family to be safe and healthy.


When I headed back I bought a T-Shirt and some pencils for my mother, because she asked for souvenirs.


I went back to the Hostel and than just looked about what to do because of the buses. I should have just taken the night bus and went to Taman Negara, but noooo I had to go to the Perenthians, more later...

After a pretty long search I got something to eat and decided to leave in the morning. BIG MISTAKE.


If you ever go to the Perenthians, leave in the evening so that you arrive in the morning, otherwise you have real trouble finding a place to stay.

Tags: city, temple

About vampyrlady

Lying there, not doing anything-.-

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.